ATPD.2352 and STANAG Specifications.
Transparent Ceramics, Glass, Plastics and interlayer selection.
Design of Strike face, internal layers and spall layers.
HighLine Polycarbonate supplies high quality Polycarbonate sheet specifically designed for military transparent armor laminators and producers.
While we do not manufacture transparent armor, we are able to assist lamination customers by:
- Advising on the requirements of transparent armor specifications including ATPD.2352 and STANAG.
- Guiding in the selection of the correct materials for laminates including transparent ceramics, glass, plastics and interlayers.
- Assisting in the design of laminates including strike face selection, internal layer design and spall layer optimization.
- Solving lamination production issues.
- Helping in the design of lamination equipment including autoclave and RF lamination technology.
- Providing the latest information on military vehicle projects on our Facebook Page.
HighLine has also developed a Polycarbonate grade that gives increased performance and stopping power in military laminates compared to other commercial grades. We are able to offer thicknesses of 3mm, 4.5mm, 6mm, 9mm and 12mm to approved military fabricators. The product can be used in Transparent Armor Gun Shields (TAGS), Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles, Crew Protection Kits (CPKs) and other transparent armor applications.
HighLine also specializes in advanced polycarbonate technologies for the lamination market including EMI/RFI shielding meshes, transparent conductive heaters, self-repairing coatings, anti-fog coatings, super abrasion resistant coatings, IR shielding and anti-microbial properties – all of which enable our products to be used in the harshest of military environments. We have also worked with customers on more complex products such as laser blocking and radar reflecting transparent armor.
Contact our technical team to discuss your transparent armor needs.
Click here to view the Transparent Armor Datasheet